The CMA Broadcast Awards are among the most prestigious awards given out in the field of Country Radio.
2012 CMA Broadcast Award Winners
- National Broadcast Personality of the Year: Lon Helton, Country Countdown USA
- Major Market Personality of the Year: K102 Wakeup Crew, KEEY, Minneapolis, MN
- Large Market Personality of the Year: KJ & Friends, KAJA, San Antonio, TX
- Medium Market Personality of the Year: The 97 Country Breakfast Club, WPCV, Lakeland, FL
- Small Market Personality of the Year: Dex and Mo Show, WUSY, Chattanooga, TN
- Major Market Station of the Year: WKLB, Boston, MA
- Large Market Station of the Year: WUBE, Cincinnati, OH
- Medium Market Station of the Year: WIVK, Knoxville, TN
- Small Market Station of the Year: WUSY, Chattanooga, TN
Categories:The best of Country Radio are honored annually by the Country Music Association in the following classifications for Personality of the Year and Radio Station of the Year:
- Major Market (Arbitron Ranking 1-25)
- Large Market (Arbitron Ranking 26-50)
- Medium Market (Arbitron Ranking 51-100)
- Small Market (All other Markets)
Prizing:Finalists from all categories receive certificates of recognition. Winners receive their trophies during pre-telecast ceremonies for “The 47th Annual CMA Awards” and will be recognized during the live broadcast on the ABC Television Network. Winners in the Broadcast Personality categories (all team members of winning entry) also receive a complimentary CMA individual lifetime membership.
Judging:The judging process involves more than 40 distinguished broadcasting professionals, who represent all market sizes and regions of the U.S. There are two rounds of judging for Radio Station of the Year, Broadcast Personality of the Year and National Broadcast Personality of the Year. The first round determines the finalists. The second round determines the winners in each category. The international accounting firm of Deloitte & Touche LLP® tabulates the scores for both rounds of judging.
Eligibility:Radio Station of the Year: Only current CMA Organizational Member stations in the U.S. or Canada will be considered for Radio Station of the Year. Broadcast Personalities: Only current CMA Individual Members in the U.S. or Canada will be considered for Broadcast Personality of the Year. Entrants must be on the air for at least 12 months at their current station to qualify for Broadcast Personality in the small, medium, large and major markets. Entrants must also be on the air for at least 12 months in order to qualify for the National Personality category. Membership information is available at (615) 244-2840 or at www.CMAworld.com. Completed membership applications must be received by CMA prior to Broadcast Award entry deadline. Canadian markets are ranked on a population equivalency.
- Submissions begin Monday, May 6, 2013
- Entries MUST be received by 5:00 PM/CDT, Friday, June 28, 2013.
- ALL entry events must reflect performances and events between June 1, 2012 and May 31, 2013.
- Entries must include market, market size, a contact name, phone number and email address.
- Entries must include an eps file or 300 dpi resolution jpeg file of the station logo or a personality photo at 300 dpi resolution. (Station entrants attach a logo and personality entrants attach a photo).
- All Broadcast Personality teams will be judged as a single entry.
- CMA Broadcast Award winners cannot win the same award in consecutive years. Winners from the previous year are ineligible unless competing in a different category.
- Online entries may not contain any external links
- Total file size for online entry may not exceed 20 MB (excluding air check)